Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization of more than 220+ volunteers from Loudoun County who help our frail, elderly, and disabled neighbors maintain independent living.
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS
What We Offer
LVC volunteers provide transportation for needs such as:
- Medical appointments
- Cancer treatments
- Physical therapy, chiropractic care, hydrotherapy, speech therapy
- Grocery shopping, prescription pick up, food pantry pick up
- Errands, voting, and non-medical needs
Caregivers provide services such as:
- Grocery shopping for the care receiver
- Food bank delivery
- Respite sitting to assist families who care for family members with Alzheimers, dementia, ALS, Parkinson’s disease
- Weekly phone calls
- Friendly visiting
- Help with paperwork
- Handy Helper through the Chore Corps program
Our Money Management Program provides assistance to vulnerable low-income persons with few financial resources, who are the most vulnerable to financial exploitation or neglect. This Caregivers’ service uses a group of dedicated and trained volunteers who give their time to help with budget management for those in need.
Margaret & Allison
Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers works closely with local faith communities and agencies such as the Department of Family Services, the Department of Mental Disabilities/Mental Health, and the Area Agency on Aging to fulfill the needs of Loudoun County residents who do not qualify for sufficient help from county, state, or federal agencies and oftentimes fall through the cracks.
Established in 1995 with a grant from the National Federation of Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers, this non-profit has grown to be a vital part of the Loudoun County community with continued funding from grants, fundraising initiatives, and donations by participating businesses, congregations, civic agencies, volunteers, and collaborative partners. Learn more about the history of LVC in the timeline above.
Board of Directors
ExxonMobil, Retired Leesburg, VA
Financial Management, Healthcare, Retired
Great Falls, VA
Tammy Hollingsworth, CPA
George Washington University
ARC of Loudoun
All Ages Read Together
All Ages Read Together
Susan Mandel Giblin
(Executive Director, LVCG)
* The AARP Foundation * The Cherry Blossom Breast Cancer Foundation * The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties – Loudoun Impact Fund * Countryside Womens’ Club * The Exxon Mobil Foundation * The John Edward Fowler Memorial Foundation * Leesburg Daybreak Rotary Foundation * Leesburg Presbyterian Church * Little Yellow Gift Shop * One Hundred Women Strong * Marietta & Samuel Morgan Trust * The Sales Force Foundation * St. John’s Catholic Church, Leesburg * St. Theresa’s Church of Ashburn * The TD Bank Foundation * Thoet Family Foundation * Unitarian Universalist Church of Loudoun * The United Way of the National Capital Area * The Wells Fargo Foundation * The Ada & Albert Wibel Foundation